Thursday, September 26, 2013

Get a big jump into Big Data with the "Getting Started with Microsoft Big Data" series

Channel 9 - Getting Started with Microsoft Big Data

Developers, take this course to get an overview of Microsoft Big Data tools as part of the Windows Azure HDInsight and Storage services. As a developer, you'll learn how to create map-reduce programs and automate the workflow of processing Big Data jobs. As a SQL developer, you'll learn Hive can make you instantly productive with Hadoop data.

image

Added to the billion and one of things I need to learn ASAP. When I find the time and "want to" this series looks like a great way to get started. I've done a tiny bit of hadoop, and I already know I'm going to need all the help I can get up this learning curve...

No comments: