Wednesday, October 12, 2005

"How to use del.icio.us for Blogger categories"

How to use del.icio.us for blogger categories - Freshblog

"I've wanted to add categories to this blog for a while, and I was able to do it this week thanks to del.icio.us and a couple of bookmarklets. Since this is a great addition to any blogger blog, I've been inspired to write my first How-to.

This will tell you how to add categories to your blogger blog using del.icio.us, and have the tags that you choose appear in the Technorati tag search. ..."


Lack of categories is a big beef I have with Blogger. Posting for years and with 1368 entries to date makes it somewhat hard to find stuff on my blog. Also I have a tendency to post about many things, but with a general Microsoft'ish theme.

Well this tags as categories scheme, while a hack, looks pretty cool. Something worth trying? I'll decide once I drink my morning coffee... ;)

(via del.icio.us/katy8439/outlook - GTD Wannabe Blog - Categories in Blogger)

2 comments:

danchong said...

I have a simple way to enable categories in Blogger. See http://netcf2.blogspot.com/2005/11/blogging-generate-categories-for-your.html for more info. There's even an app to generate scripts for you to add to your sidebar.

Greg said...

Dude, that's pretty cool...

I'm going to have to give that a try.

Thanks for the tip!