Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Oh IE where's my OData?

PC#Henry - Are you getting into OData but getting STUCK in IE?

"If you’re just getting into OData, like I am now, no, I mean REALLY getting into OData, like making an app consuming OData, then chances are you’re probably trying out a few OData links in  your browser.  If you’re like me you’re using IE…ok, ok, hold off on the judgmental banter, it’s just a browser.  Anyways, if you’re like me, and you try it in the default configuration of IE, you’re probably going to get a whole lot of NOTHING.  At least nothing useful IMHO.  There IS one glimmer of hope those, that Displaying 38 of 38 is a ray of light!

image

HHHMMMMMM…I think I should be seeing 38 rows OF SOMETHING, but what?  Where is the data?

Well, MANY thanks to Jean-Rene Roy, lucky for the Ottawa area, a local SQL Server MVP, had the TRICK for me, well, US!  The “trick” is to turn off RSS reading in IE.  Hey, if you’re reading RSS Feeds, chances are you’re using your own specialized program, this shouldn’t be a big deal.

In IE, goto the Tools menu, select Internet Options, then on the Content tab click the Settings button.

..."

I've run into this before and didn't even think to disable the IE RSS reading feature... sigh.

No comments: