Monday, October 29, 2012

//build/ Windows Phone app (with source) available

Burela's house-o-blog - Build 2012 conference app for Windows Phone

This year I was given the location of the Build 2012 data feed, and asked if I could help build the conference app for the Windows Phone.

You can download the Build 2012 conference application from the Windows Phone marketplace.

The source code is available on GitHub.

I took the TechEd Australia app that I created earlier in the year, and modified it for the Build data stream (you can read my post-mortem of building the TechEd app here)

The Build 2012 application has a few nice features:

  • Search for sessions by title, session code or abstract.
  • View the sessions by schedule slot.
  • View slides directly on your phone (once uploaded to Channel 9).
  • Watch the sessions directly on your phone (once uploaded to Channel 9).

image

Now if only I had a Windows Phone Device... (cough... hint...hint... Microsoft... cough  ;)

No comments: