Tuesday, August 21, 2012

An intern's inside [social] view of Microsoft and Channel 9

I've been follow Dennis for a few years now, highlighting his work a number of times here and on Channel 9 blogs/casts (C4F, C4F Kinect, TWC9). This past summer he interned with Microsoft and the Channel 9 team and here's some of his thoughts, tips and social conclusions.

Den By Default - Work @ Channel9 During Summer 2012 - Social Conclusions 

This summer I got an awesome opportunity, thanks to Dan Fernandez, Jeff Sandquist and Clint Rutkas – I worked as a vendor/intern on the Channel9 Coding4Fun team. Now, if you are not aware of what Channel9 is about, then you are totally missing out on a portal dedicated to everything Microsoft (with a focus on dev tech), so check it out.

At this point, I am not going to go into detail about the project I was working on, but I would like to highlight some important points learned during this period. Obviously, this list is nowhere close to being complete – I tried to focus more on the social aspect of the job. It definitely was one-of-a-kind experience, in a one-of-a-kind team. What I wrote below is just a small part of everything amazing that I experienced in Building 40 and outside of it. The points might be useful for perspective students who consider interning at Microsoft. [GD: Emphasis added]

...

image..."

You go Dennis!

No comments: