You too can be the Omega Man with the OmegaEngine SDK (C#, DirectX 9, 3D engine suited for strategy games, space simulations)
The OmegaEngine SDK installs project templates that allow you to get started with 3D programming as quickly as possible.
CREATED BY transwarp (Bastian Eicher)
SUPPORTS Visual Studio 2010
The engine is designed to be
- light-weight (compiled binaries with external libraries < 4MB),
- modular (use only the parts you need for your project) and
- gameplay-agnostic (also suitable for visualization projects, etc.).
The engine is well-suited for strategy games, space simulations, etc.. It is not designed for use in FPSes, open-world sandboxes, etc..
The OmegaEngine SDK installs project templates that allow you to get started with 3D programming as quickly as possible. Please make sure you have installed the NuGet Package Manager first.
An overview of the Engine's features:
- Scene management
- Multiple viewports
- 64bit-precision object positioning
- Shader management
- SAS support
- Post-screen effects
- Dynamic shader generation
- Asset management
- Skinable GUI toolkit
- XML file format (with WYSIWYG editor)
- Lua scripting
- Extendable input system (mouse, keyboard, multi-touch (currently in development))
- Legacy hardware support (fallback to fixed function pipeline)
- Benchmarking and error reporting
- Render embedded in WinForms or standalone
An interesting engine that I'd not seen before...
Related Past Post XRef:
3D C# D3D11 (As in 3D rendering with C# and DirectX 3D 11) (aka SlimDX)