Experience the release candidate for Windows Server 2012 firsthand in these virtual labs. You can test drive new and improved features and functionality, including server management and Windows PowerShell, networking, Hyper-V, and new storage solutions.
It's simple. No complex setup or installation is required to try Windows Server 2012 running in a full-featured virtual lab. You get a downloadable manual and a 90-minute block of time for each module. Before you start, read the minimum system requirements. Next, select a virtual lab from the list below. Then, you will see an application called "holSystems LaunchPad Online" which will launch the lab.
- Active Directory Deployment and Management Enhancements
- Configuring a Highly Available iSCSI Target
- Configuring Hyper-V over Highly Available SMB Storage
- Getting Started with Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Replication
- Implementing Storage Pools and Storage Spaces
- Introduction to DirectAccess in Windows Server 2012
- Introduction to IIS 8
- Introduction to iSCSI Diskless Boot Deployment
- Introduction to Windows PowerShell Fundamentals
- What’s New in Windows PowerShell 3.0
- Managing Branch Offices
- Managing Network Infrastructure
- Managing Windows Server 2012 with Server Manager and Windows PowerShell 3.0
- Managing Your Network Infrastructure with IP Address Management
- Online Backup Service
- Using Dynamic Access Control to Automatically and Centrally Secure Data
Everyone knows by now that Windows Server 2012 will RTM in the first week of August and will GA in October, right? Yep, Windows Server 2012 will likely be available via MSDN/TechNet in a month. In short, now's a good time to really start digging into it and building your upgrade business cases (sigh). Don't have hardware, VM space available or time to install it? Don't worry, Microsoft's got your back with these Virtual Labs. 30 seconds or less and you're playing with Windows Server 2012!