Sunday, January 23, 2011

SQL Server Compact 4 vs SQL Server Express 2008 R2 Side-by-side feature comparison

Everything SQL Server Compact - Comparison of SQL Server Compact 4 and SQL Server Express 2008 R2

”Now that SQL Server Compact 4 has been released, some developers are curious about the differences between SQL Server Compact 4.0 and SQL Server Express 2008 R2.

I have updated the comparison table from the excellent discussion of the differences between Compact 3.5 and Express 2005 here to reflect the changes in the newer versions of each product

image…”

I like this quick and simple side-by-side comparison of SQL CE4 vs SQL Express 2008 R2. A good initial stop if you’re trying to decide between the two…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks,

All is clear now.

Michael McD.

Bob MacNeal said...

Helpful post. I'm glad I read the comparison before I installed compact edition (while I already had express)

Bob MacNeal said...

I'm glad I saw the comparison chart before I installed compact (when I already had express).
Thanks.