Monday, March 01, 2010

User Stories and TFS2010 – Like Carmel and apples

Benjamin Day Consulting, Inc.: The Blog - Creating a Project Backlog: Breaking down product ideas and requirements in to TFS2010 User Stories (PBIs)

“It’s kind of amazing how much hidden detail and complexity there is in even the simplest software product and application ideas.

Since I’m a Scrum and Team Foundation Server 2010 guy, I decided to try to turn this in to a Product Backlog and put it in TFS2010.  A Product Backlog is the grand wish-list for the product.  In this case, the product is the website for the user group and the tools to manage it.  If you’re using Scrum, the backlog is made up of Product Backlog Items (PBIs).  In Team Foundation Server 2010, the backlog is made up of User Story work items. …

Once I got the top-level stories identified, I put all the stories in to TFS and along the way, I started finding some other stories that I had forgotten. 

image_4

image

…”

This kind of requirements management is something I’ve wanted for a long time. Sure, there’s like tools out there today, but I wanted something baked in and not grafted on.

The more I see TFS2010 more I can’t wait for April 12th…

No comments: