Monday, March 31, 2008

Open SUSE 1.9/Mono VMWare to Virtual PC

Jon Galloway - Running the Mono VMWare image in VirtualPC

"...

The Mono team publishes a VMWare image which makes it really easy to check out Mono on Linux without installing or building anything. If you're happy with VMWare, you can grab their free player and run the image. If, like me, you'd rather run this on Virtual PC, follow along and I'll show you how.

If you don't use VirtualPC, or if you don't mind having several virtual machine hosts on your computer, this post obviously isn't for you. Thanks for stopping by, though!

Grabbing the VMWare Image

...

Converting the Virtual Hard Disk image

...

Creating the new VirtualPC Machine

...

Setting up the Video Driver

..."

Jon walks us through getting the Open SUSE 1.9 VMWare image, converting the VMDK to VHD, creating a VPC machine and configuring the virtual machine's video driver (which is biggest pain in getting a Linux VirtualPC up and running IMHO).

I've been wanting to play with Mono and to see if I could get my Blogger Backup running under it. This Virtual PC will take me one step closer...

No comments: