Saturday, July 21, 2007

Blogger Backup v1.0.15.14 Released (With new Restore Posts Feature)

I've just released v1.0.5.14 of my Blogger Backup utility. This version introduces a Restore Posts feature. Yes, you can now not only backup posts, but restore them too! (Imagine that!  ;)

This version also includes two new Post Name Options, the Underscore "_" and Post URL (If the post's complete URL is http://coolthingoftheday.blogspot.com/2007/07/This_is_a_Blog_Post.html, then the page URL "This_is_a_Blog_Post" is the value used for this new Post URL option). Thanks to "Hareesh N" for these suggestions and help troubleshooting other issues...

Special Notes:

  • Blogger has a 50 Posts Per Day limit. This means you'll only be able to restore a maximum of 50 posts a day. Sorry, but this is a Blogger/back end limit and there's no work-around (that I've found yet). The major concern I have is that there's no error or warning once you hit the 50 limit. Posts just stop appearing in your blog... I've added warning and counters (how many posts you've restored today, etc) to try to help keep you informed...
  • Only One Post Per File backups can be currently restored. If there's a need I'll add support for Single File (all posts backed up to a single file) restore support.
  • I've tested this as much as I can, but expect to run into issues. This is my first app that actually posts data to Blogger, so I'm sure there are issues I'm unaware of...

Screenshots

The new Restore Posts button.

Selecting posts to restore...

Final selection and kicking off the restore...

No comments: