Sunday, November 05, 2006

Another Weekend, Another WLW Plugin - WLW Picture Post Plugin

I've recently been bitten by the photo post bug... But I'm a lazy guy and want the photo uploading and posting to be easy and to not distract from my writing (such as it is).

While there's an already very cool Flickr browser/search plugin for WLW (Flickr4Writer), it doesn't yet allow uploading or support other Flickr API hosts (i.e. Zooomr).

So that meant it was time to put on my WLW Plugin Coder hat.

The above post is the result (i.e. it works, Yeah!!!)

It's still very alpha at this point, and I need to get permission from work to release it, yada, yada, yada. But it's do'able and it works. I'm waiting on my Zooomr API Key, after which I'll add support for it too...

Hat's off to Sam Judson(FlickrNet API Library) and Tim Heuer (Flickr4Writer) for their outstanding work. I'm standing on the shoulders of giants (which makes changing light bulbs much easier ;)

No comments: